This summer, Fishers Parks & Recreation is coming to a park near you! Fishers Parks & Recreation offers a fun lineup of engaging and vibrant full and half-day summer camps for children of all ages.
2020 Summer Camp Registration Now Open!
Registration for residents and nonresidents is now open! Register for a summer of fun today.
Counselor Background Checks & Camper Safety
Children’s safety at camp is Fishers Parks & Recreation’s top priority. All camp counselors must pass a criminal background check and are required to complete over 40 hours of mandatory training, including:
- CPR training and First Aid certification
- Mandated reporting
- General behavioral management.
Head counselors undergo an additional vehicular background check.
Additional camp safety procedures include on-site medical forms and photo identification for child sign-out to ensure campers’ safety.
CANCELLED: Spring Break Camp
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Little Chefs and Heads Up Spring Break Camps have been cancelled. All registrants will receive a full refund via their original method of payment (please allow 7 to 10 days for refund processing). We apologize for any inconvenience.
Online registration will be available for residents starting on Monday, January 13. Check out our complete lineup of summer camps.
Stop by the Fishers Parks & Recreation office to register in person starting on January 13 (nonresident registration starts on January 27).
Office hours are Monday - Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (excluding holidays).
Free & Reduced Summer Camp Rates for HSE Schools Students
Fishers Parks and Recreation offers free or reduced summer camp rates for HSE Schools students who are enrolled in the free or reduced lunch program. To be eligible for these rates, parents must register their child for summer camp in person at the Fishers Parks and Recreation Office and bring documentation from HSE Food Services.
To acquire documentation, please call HSE Schools at 317-594-4381. Free or reduced summer camp rates are limited to one camp per student each summer.
- Engaging and vibrant camp experience focused on a variety of physical, mental, and social learning opportunities
- Unique, themed camp each week including sports, water, outdoor exploration, nature, art, crafts, STEM, pottery, and more
- All camp counselors must pass a criminal background check and are required to complete over 40 hours of mandatory training
- 2 T-shirt(s) per registered camp, to be worn each day of camp
- Engagement in age-appropriate activities and crafts daily
- Outstanding counselor-to-camper ratios
- Procedures to ensure camper’s safety, including on-site medical forms and photo identification for child sign-out